The partners work together to ensure the successful delivery of this project. Each partner is involved in its specific area of expertise, as follows:
Dwelling Places (DP)
Dwelling Places has been instrumental in rescuing street children since 2002. It is a Ugandan organisation serving Uganda. Their ground-breaking and innovative strategy in getting kids off the streets and into schools and to a safe place where each child can lay its head, is defined in 4 steps:
- Rescue: We conduct a variety of activities to build relationships with street-connected children and rescue the vulnerable ones, (between 3 and 12years old) for care and protection.
- Rehabilitation: We offer temporary accommodation, food, catch-up education, medical care, counselling, emotional and spiritual nourishment for the child.
- Reconciliation: We conduct family tracing and reconciliation to resolve any issues that caused family separation and ensure that every child is placed in a safe and loving community.
- Reintegration: Successful reconciliation leads to sustainable resettlement including placement in schools and regular follow-ups.
Dwelling Places will add value to this project by:
- Initiating and driving the Rescue and Rehabilitation phases for vulnerable children in the scope of this project.
- Initiating and driving the Mobile School to further the aims of this project.
- Initiating and driving the club concept to further the aims of this project.
- Identifying, screening, training and monitoring foster families in the scope of this project.
- Training KCPS teachers in how to teach children who have been out of education for a while.
- Monitoring and advising on the social integration of our children into the school.
- Training KCPS teachers in how to socially integrate children who have been out of education for a while.
Katwe Central Primary School (KCPS)
This establishment is located in the heart of the slum community of Katwe. The leadership and the staff of this school have demonstrated visionary leadership and innovation in serving the children of the community. They are committed to the retraining of teachers to support this project. KCPS adds value to this project in the following ways:
- They welcome the vulnerable children, reached through this project, into their school.
- They welcome retraining to upskill their teachers. They are determined to become a centre of excellence and inspiration in the Katwe community.
- They provide premise and infrastructure for after school clubs and catch-up learning.
- They actively participate in upskilling workshops for the teaching of mathematics.
- They actively participate in upskilling workshops for education management.
- They actively participate in workshops on how to teach vulnerable children who have been out of school for some time.
- They actively participate in training workshops on how to socially integrate vulnerable children who have been out of school for some time.
- They provide the staff and infrastructure to feed each child a meal at school every day.
Feed a Million Mouths International (FAMMI)
FAMMI is a social enterprise that is dedicated to supporting nutrition and education for vulnerable families in Uganda. They provide a high nutrition corn soy blend porridge that boosts health and increases energy levels. This initiative brings art education to vulnerable children and adults in the FAMMI will add value to the Take Me 2 School project in the following ways:
- Initiate and drive the teacher upskilling initiatives.
- Provide one high nutrition meal a day to each of the 231 students who attend the KCPS.
- Assist in providing food for foster families in the project scope.
- Assist in fundraising for support of foster families, school fees, and requirements for the new children in the scope of this project.
- Assist in fundraising for remedial education for the children in the scope of this project.